Review: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Berlin

This was to be expected. I wasn't finished with buying NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. It's one of my favorite matte liquid lipstick formulas and I feel like I finally have a collection of colors that I really wanted. My latest edition is perfect chocolaty fall shade called Berlin.


NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams have a small lip gloss plastic tube that has the color of shade outside and a black matte plastic top. It's compact and great to travel with.

In it is 8 ml of product and I got it for 8.95€ in Douglas. 


It has regular doe foot applicator that doesn't hold too much product. You get just enough to apply a thin coat, but I usually go in with another for a more intense and darker color. 


These have a mousse whipped like consistency that spreads easily. It needs quite a lot of time to completely dry down, especially if you apply thicker coat. At first it looks creamy and has a bit of sheen, but it dries down to matte finish.

Berlin is the darkest shade I own from NYX and the pigmentation is good, but you still need to apply a thicker coat to get fully opaque look. I think that with lighter shades you can only apply one sheer coat and looks more even. 

It's not as long lasting as a proper matte liquid lipstick, so you'll need to reapply it after drinking a lot or eating.

I especially love these because of the ultra comfortable formula. It's not hydrating, but it doesn't feel tightening or uncomfortably dry like proper matte liquid lipstick. It stays more velvet on the lips and doesn't feel heavy either. But it also means that it transfers.

All of these lipsticks have a wonderful sweet vanilla scent



Berlin is what I call medium chocolate warm brown shade. It has definite warm undertone to it. On me it actually looks quite dark - darker than it appears on these photos, but it's still more of a medium tone in general.



I have nothing similar in color. Avon Mark Plump It Lipstick in Truffle is a burgundy brown shade and looks much more redish. Avon True Supreme Nourishing Lipstick in Smooth Mocha is a sheerer formula and more of a cooler brown. Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Marvelous Mocha is much lighter warm nude brown with hints of peach and pink. 


It's by far one of my favorite chocolate browns, because it's so warm toned and I feel like it matches so well with my brown eye color. Perfect for all of you that like a good chocolate brown lipstick.


My collection of NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams now includes:
Athens
Stockholm
London
Cannes
Berlin

Athens is a true peachy shade. Stockholm is my-lips-but-better warm brownish pink shade. Cannes is a mauve version of a proper nude color. London is a light warm brown nude. Berlin is the darkest and it's a true warm chocolate medium brown. 



I think I'm done with buying NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, unless they come out with more shades. I have a good neutral selection with a perfect chocolate pop of color for fall. I love these because of the mousse texture, comfortable feeling and great wearable shades. If you have dry lips in general and want a good matte liquid lipstick, I always recommend these. The selection of colors is huge as well.

2 comments

  1. This color is very pretty! One of the next shades that I'm going to buy. xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a stunner. I don't think I've ever seen such a pretty chocolate brown :)
      xx

      Delete